Fence Codes and Regulations for Country Club Hills, IL
The city of Country Club Hills, IL is a community of 16,500 residents. Located in the southeastern portion of the Chicago metro area, the area was transformed from a farm community to higher density housing when developers set out to create an upscale residential area in 1955. The city was incorporated in 1958 at the urging of the homeowners’ association, and has grown from 150 original homesites to a modern and prosperous municipality.
- Building Permit Required? – A building permit is required for all residential fence projects in Country Club Hills. Permits fee information available from Dept of Community Development.
- Permit Documents Required:
- Completed permit application
- Copy of plat of survey showing proposed fence location
- Description of type and height of proposed fence
- Evidence of contractor license valid in village
- Fence Materials Allowed – metal, wood, others as approved
- Fence Styles Allowed – Chain link, solid, semi-open
- Maximum Height Limits – 6’ maximum height
- Property Line Issues – Fences may be placed up to lot lines in most cases
- Rolling Meadows Building Authority Contact – 708-798-2616
- Country Club Hills Building Department Website
Specific Fence Ordinances, Rules and Codes
- Front Yard Fences: No front yard fences permitted on any residential lot beyond front building line.
- Side and Rear Yard Fences: 6′ maximum height
- Barbed wire and electrically charged fencing prohibited on residential property
- Construction side and supports for fences must face in to permit holder’s lot