Fence Codes and Regulations for Village of Dolton, IL
The Village of Dolton, IL is a municipality of 23,000 residents located 22 miles due south of Chicago, IL. Incorporated in 1892, the Village was a hub to service transportation by rail and river for Chicago and outstate Illinois. Home to 11 parks covering 144 acres, Dolton prides itself as a community which is a convenient home for Chicago area workforce members that retains a friendly, home town feel.
- Building Permit Required? – A building permit is required for all residential fence projects in Dolton. Permit costs determined as a percentage of total project budget.
- Permit Documents Required:
- Completed permit application
- Copy of plat of survey showing proposed fence location
- Description of type and height of proposed fence
- Evidence of contractor license valid in village, bonding and insurance
- $100 fee for village contractor license
- Inspector site check
- Inspection required at various stages of project. Inquire during permit application
- Dolton Village Building Authority Contact – 708-201-3296
- Village of Dolton Building Department
Specific Fence Ordinances, Rules and Codes
Applicants for permit to construct a fence in Dolton are advised to obtain specific requirements for fences in the village when applying for permit from Building Department.