Residential Fence Rules and Codes for Forest Park, IL
The Village of Forest Park, IL is a community of 14,100 located in the western suburbs of Chicago, IL. It is known as the home of Ferra Pan candy company, and is the terminal end of the Harlem Blue Line rail spur in the regional transit system. The village is mainly composed of residential homes for persons employed in Chicago enterprises.
General Requirements for Residential Fences
- Building Permit Required? – Forest Park Village requires a permit to construct a fence. Property owners are strongly advised to contact the village directly to clarify any issues or requirements regarding construction or permits. Information on specific fence construction specifications is extremely limited on public sites. Permit fees are generally based on the dollar value of construction projects.
- Maximum Height Limits – Maximum fence height is 6′.
- Building Authority Contact – 708-615-6286
- Village of Forest Park Building Department
Specific Rules and Restrictions
- Side and Back Yard Fences – Maximum height of 6′.
- Barbed wire and electrically charged fencing prohibited on residential property.
- Construction side and supports for fences must face in to property owner’s lot.