Fence Codes and Regulations for Village of Franklin Park, IL
The Village of Franklin Park is a community of 18,000 residents located south of O’Hare International Airport on the Des Plaines river. Incorporated in 1892, the village was established as a residential area for farmers and delivery of crops, goods and services to the railway station built at the village site. The Village is served by the Metra rail transit line, and is designated as an Illinois Enterprise Zone with economic incentives for business relocation within its boundaries.
- Building Permit Required? – A building permit is required for all residential fence projects in Franklin Park. Permit fees run 1.5% of project cost for new construction and 50.00 for a permit to repair an existing fence.
- Permit Documents Required:
- Completed permit application
- 2 copies of plat of survey showing proposed fence location
- Description of type and height of proposed fence
- Evidence of contractor license valid in village and bonding
- Franklin Park Code Enforcement Administration – 847-671-8248
- Village of Franklin Park Building Department Website
Specific Fence Ordinances, Rules and Codes
- Specific questions regarding fence construction requirements will be addressed by the Code Enforcement Department at the time of application for permit.